Bacon Pastry Twistsby@alexaleconche
“Back in the kitchen again and whipped up a delicious (and easy!) appetizer with @kayembrands’s new bacon🥓Their Double Smoked Bacon was perfect for these Bacon Wrapped Puff Pastry Twists.”
Bacon Pastry TwistsServes4
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
Salt and pepper
Frozen puff pastry
1 egg, beaten
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a shallow bowl, combine brown sugar, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Place the pastry sheets on a floured counter and brush both sheets with the beaten egg. Sprinkle the cheese over each sheet, then sprinkle on cayenne pepper.
- Press the cheese into the pastry, then fold and cut into strips lengthwise. Twist the strips and pinch the ends to secure.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around each pastry twist.
- Toss/slide the twist in the brown sugar mix, and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 min and enjoy!