Cranberry Bacon Jam Crostiniby @jenniferhughes
“This is the perfect little holiday or game day appetizer! I whipped up this cozy season starter using Kayem’s new extra-thick cut Maplewood Bacon & these little crostinis went fast!”
Cranberry Bacon Jam CrostiniServes 4-6
1 onion, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup cranberry juice
salt and pepper, to taste
1 baguette (sliced)
8 ounces smoked cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Cover a baking sheet in foil and lay bacon in a single layer in the pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until crispy. Coarsely chop or crumble cooked bacon; set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of bacon fat from the baking sheet to a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5-10 minutes, or until golden brown. Add salt, brown sugar and red wine vinegar and stir until combined.
- Add cooked bacon (reserving some for topping), cranberry juice, dried cranberries and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until the jam thickens and turns brown.
- Preheat oven to high broil. Place baguette slices in an even layer on a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Top with sliced cheese and a tablespoon of cranberry bacon jam.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and broil for 1-2 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and garnish with additional bacon crumbles. Serve warm.