20 Minute Tailgate Gumbo with White Riceby@hoangviton
“In need of a cozy fall dinner idea? This Gumbo recipe with our Andouille sausage is packed with vegetables and protein and it all comes together I just 20 minutes or less! ”
20 Minute Tailgate Gumbo with White RiceServes8
½ lb of medium cooked shrimp
1 package of sliced Kayem Andouille Sausage
15 oz gumbo mix vegetables (celery, sweet red peppers, onions, okra, and corn)
7oz of Lima beans
14.5 oz of diced tomatoes
2 tsp of Cajun seasoning
½ tbsp of paprika
½ tbsp of garlic salt
1 tsp of dried parsley
1 chicken bouillon cube
Salt and pepper to taste
½ cup of water
- If you’re using fresh veggies chopped and dice all of your vegetables up
- Thaw your shrimp if you’re using frozen shrimp like me, in a bowl in a water bath.
- Add your sliced Kayem Small Batch Andouille sausage into medium heat with olive oil in a pot
- Cook sausage for 5 minutes to slightly brown on the edges.
- Add in frozen veggies, seasonings, chicken bouillon cube, can of diced tomatoes, water, garlic salt
- Stir and let simmer for 8 minutes in low to medium heat
- Add in thawed shrimp and stir well and let it sit for 5 more minutes on low to simmer and turn off heat and let it cook, then salt and pepper to taste.
- Optional* Serve with steamed white rice and add fresh parsley to garnish and enjoy