Minestrone Andouille Sausage Soupby
“Winter is here and so is soup weather! Let’s get cookin' with @kayembrand Small Batch Sausage. ”
Minestrone Kayem Andouille Sausage SoupServes 4 hearty or 6 small
1 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves of garlic
1 large onion (diced into small cubes)
1 package of Kayem Andouille sausage
2 medium carrots (diced into small cubes)
1 medium zucchini (diced into small cubes)
4 celery sticks (diced or cut into small pieces)
3/4 cup of green beans (cut in small pieces)
28 oz canned diced tomatoes
1 tbsp of dried Basil
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
32 oz vegetable broth
1 cube of chicken bouillon (caldo de pollo)
1/2 cup pasta (Ditalini, small shells, mini farfalle)
1 can canned great northern beans (drained)
1 can canned kidney beans (drained)
1 cup spinach
Salt and Pepper
2 cups water
- In a cooking pot add the olive oil and garlic and fry it for about a minute. Add the onions and mix it for another minute and then mix in the sausage.
- Add the other vegetables (carrots, zucchini, celery, and green beans) and cook them until softened.
- Add the diced tomatoes, dried basil, Italian seasoning, vegetable broth, chicken bouillon and mix it.
- Add the pasta, kidney beans, northern beans, and the spinach.
- Add two cups of water as needed and season it with salt and pepper.
- Cook it for 20-25 min or until pasta is cooked and vegetables are soft.