Pepper and Onion Sub with Small Batch Sweet SausagebyChef Susanna
“Simply grill Kayem’s Sweet Sausage with onions and peppers for a quick and tasty sub. Back yard grilling made easy!”
Pepper and Onion Sub with Small Batch Sweet SausageServes4
1 package Kayem Small Batch Sweet Sausage
4 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 large yellow bell pepper, sliced ¼” strips
1 large red bell pepper, sliced ¼” strips
½ teaspoon black pepper, ground
1 ½ teaspoons Italian herb seasoning
4 medium sub rolls
3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Pre-heat grill to high, lightly oil grates.
- Place a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat, coat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Sauté the garlic and onion for 2 minutes, add the sliced peppers and sauté for 3 – 4 minutes. Season with black pepper and the Italian herb seasoning. Reserve.
- Brush the sub rolls with the melted butter and grill face down for about 1 minute or until lightly grilled. Remove to a warm plate.
- Grill the sausage links, 6 - 8 minutes rotating every 2 minutes to cook evenly or to an internal temperature of 165 df.
- For the build, evenly divide the pepper and onion mixture into the grilled sub rolls and top with the grilled sausage links.
- Serve immediately with your favorite mustard or condiment. Optional to add a slice of provolone cheese