Pineapple Bacon Sausage Kabobsby@travelikealocalma
“When I heard about the Pineapple Bacon Flavor, the first thing that came to mind was to grill up some kabobs with fresh pineapple and veggies, glazed with teriyaki sauce. I served mine over rice (soooo good!), but they would also be great with a simple side salad.”
1 pack of @kayembrand Pineapple Bacon Small Batch Sausage
2 cups of fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
1 red onion (or 2, if small)
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
Teriyaki Sauce (I like Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki)
Metal or wooden skewers
- Heat your grill or a grill pan on the stove.
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water for at least 10 minutes.
- Cut each Pineapple Bacon sausage link into four chunks, and cut your peppers into two inch pieces.
- Peel your onion and slice off both ends. Cut it in half, and then quarter each half.
- Thread your skewers with sausage chunks, pineapple pieces, red onion and peppers. Place on the hot grill.
- Once the sausage is browned and the veggies are starting to cook, brush with teriyaki sauce on all sides and grill until veggies are fully cooked.
- Remove from grill, and brush with extra teriyaki sauce. Serve over rice or with a green salad.