Po’Boy Sandwich with Small Batch AndouillebyChef Susanna
“Make this Po’Boy sandwich with Kayem’s Smoked Andouille for this delicious Cajun combination with grilled shrimp, a sure crowd pleaser! ”
Po’Boy Sandwich with Small Batch AndouilleServes4
1 package Kayem Small Batch Smoked Andouille
2/3 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons dill pickle, chopped
2 tablespoons sweet onion, chopped
2 teaspoons hot sauce
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/8th teaspoon black pepper
4 each French Rolls, sandwich size
3 tablespoons butter, melted
12 ea (about ½ lb) raw jumbo shrimp, 21/25, peeled,
tail off, intestinal track removed
1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
¾ cup shredded lettuce
1 large tomato, sliced
- Pre-heat grill to high, lightly oil grates.
- Mix the mayonnaise, chopped pickles, onion with the hot sauce, lemon juice and black pepper. Set aside, can make ahead and chill.
- Brush the inside surface of the rolls with the melted butter, grill face down, remove and reserve.
- Grill the sausage links, 6 – 8 minutes rotating every 2 minutes to cook evenly, or to an internal temperature of 165 df. Slice in half lengthwise, then in half again crosswise.
- Coat the shrimp with oil and dust with the Cajun seasoning. Grill for 1½ minutes per side, turning when the color turns opaque.
- To build the Po’boy – generously brush the grilled French rolls with the mayonnaise sauce on both sides. Layer with the sausage slices 4 per roll, top with 3 shrimp followed with shredded lettuce and tomato slices.
- Serve immediately