Summer Sausage Pastaby @cookinwithbooze
“I have a summer recipe that y’all are going to love! Summer Sausage Pasta using @kayembrand Small Batch Sausages. Sausage can be associated with heavy dishes, but I designed this recipe to be light and packed with veggies for summer.”
1 teaspoon zest (about 1 lemon’s worth)
4 TB lemon juice (2 Oz)
12 oz pack of Kayem Sweet Pepper Provolone Sausage
1 lb Farfalle
3 TB butter
4 TB olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ tsp red pepper flakes
½ cup roasted red peppers (you can roast 1 pepper or buy them at the store)
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and put a medium-large skillet over medium heat with 1 TB olive oil.
- While the water is coming to a boil, dice your sausage, chop your garlic and basil, and grate your Parmesan.
- When the pan is hot, add in your sausage to brown.
- When the sausage is brown, take it out of the pan.
- When the water comes to a boil, add in the pasta and cook for 1 minute less than the package instructions.
- Add 3 TB butter and 3 TB olive oil to the same pan that the sausage was cooked in over medium heat.
- Once the butter melts, add the garlic and red pepper flakes to the pan and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add your cooked pasta to the pan.
- Add in the lemon juice, zest, pasta water, Parmesan cheese, mix, then cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the roasted red peppers and peas and finish with fresh basil. Stir in the sausage.
- Top with more Parmesan cheese and serve.